NVMe stands for Rapid Non-Volatile Memory. It is a new and innovative communication interface that addresses the limitations imposed by previous storage technologies. The NVMe protocol is designed for the seamless use of high-speed storage media. They’re also solid state like SATA (Serial ATA) solid state drives, but the speed and performance are nothing like that.
To break it down, NVM (Non-Volatile Memory) is a memory that can hold its stored data even in the event of a system power outage. On the other hand, volatile memory loses the stored data when there is no power. SSD drives, spinning disks, and other disk storage drives are examples of non-volatile memory. With this in mind, NVMe technology uses non-volatile memory to hold your data, even in the event of a power loss.
NVMe also uses the newer interface to communicate with the CPU and operating system – PCI Express or PCIe. This is a much faster interface than the SATA or SAS. This new interface can communicate directly with the CPU, allowing for much higher bandwidth (and therefore faster speeds), as well as lower response times.
Cheap NVMe VPS Hosting
Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting platform. You can work with many popular cloud service providers. It will cost you a bit more compared to the original provider but since it runs the server for you, it is definitely worth the price. They have five different cloud service providers from which you can choose one.
You can either use Vultr – High Frequency Computing or you can select Digital Ocean Premium drops. These are the two providers that offer NMVe storage at an affordable price.
Management includes not only support and monitoring but will also take regular backups for you. They have an easy to use panel and great management services for all the cloud providers.
The starting configuration will depend on the host that you select. You get 1 GB of RAM, one core, and 1 TB bandwidth for Digital Ocean as well as for Vultr.
- The team will handle the security for you.
- There are automatic backups to keep the data safe.
- It also includes real-time monitoring with self-healing technology to keep servers safe.
- There are many cloud options.
- The support is great.
- You will also get access to other products like CDN, Slack private channel, API, Rackspace email extension, etc.
- The price will go up a bit because it’s a managed cloud.
- You will have to register your domain and email account somewhere else as there is no such service.
If you are looking for a cheap yet powerful (self-managed) NVMe VPS hosting, then Vultr is one of the best choices you will make. It also provides high computing situations. High Computing Instance will increase overall performance by more than 40% making it the best server to use. In the case of high computing, you will get 3GH+ fast CPUs.
There are endless combinations of operating systems you can use. The server can be configured as you need. You can also mount your own custom ISO file. They have 19 global data center locations. Moreover, they will handle the backups and the security for you. So, you don’t have to worry about these two things. It only takes a few seconds to get the server up and running, no need to wait. It is even easier to scale the server.
- They have an advanced network for better performance.
- The control panel is easy to manage.
- You can use any operating system you want and you can also download one.
- Server performance has a higher Geekbench score.
- Your website will not crash as there is a 100% uptime guarantee.
- Support may take a while sometimes.
- They provide all the features but the website lacks the some information.
Contabo offers the best service because it runs VPS with ultra-fast Gen 4 NVMe engines. When you select a plan, it will ask you to either choose from NVMe storage or a simple SSD. With this, you can also customize the server based on resources, operating system, data centers, etc.
They already have enough bandwidth allocated to the traffic. If the limit is exceeded and traffic is high, you will not be charged an additional fee. This is another great thing about Contabo. There are 8 different data center locations across 5 different regions.
The basic configuration starts with 4 CPU cores, 8GB of RAM, 32TB of inbound traffic (unlimited outbound), and 50GB of NVMe. It will cost you to install an additional control panel.
- There is a fast provisioning of the server.
- You get unlimited incoming traffic and a decent limit on outbound traffic.
- If you want more space, you also get the option to choose SSD instead of NMVe.
- They have German quality devices.
- They have over 4 star ratings on different review platforms like Google Reviews and TrustPilot.
- Support can sometimes be delayed.
- Some people find it difficult to navigate around the web interface.